What is the website Bharat Ke Veer about? How can I make a donation using my State Bank of India ac
Bharat Ke Veer is an initiative to raise funds by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India on behalf of members of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). The CAPFs are armed forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs and comprise of the following forces :
2.Border Security Force (BSF)
3.Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
4.Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
5.Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
6.National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
7.National Security Guards (NSG)
8.Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
This website is an initiative to pay homage to the bravehearts who laid down their lives in the line of duty. Using this platform individuals can contribute directly into the bank accounts of the bravehearts’ kin. The initiative was launched by Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh and this website belongs to Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Customers can donate directly to individual braveheart's account (up to max of ₹ 15 lakhs) or may donate to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of ₹ 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds ₹ 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the contribution to another braveheart’s account, or to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
- Bharat Ke Veer corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the bravehearts’ family on the need basis
- Contribution is exempted under Section 80(G) of Income Tax Act vide Order No. ITBA/EXM/S/80G/2018-19/1011893497(1) dated 31/08/2018. The exemption is valid from the assessment year 2019-20 i.e.; from the Financial year 2018-19.
How SBI Customers can donate to Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
Customers may select any option from the following alternatives for donations.
1. Through Bharat Ke Veer website
2. Internet Banking of SBI
Through Bharat Ke Veer website
· Visit https://bharatkeveer.gov.in/ and navigate to Contribute to > Bharat Ke Veer Corpus Fund
· You will be required to enter your mobile number and verify the OTP.
· Complete the basic formalities of filling your name and PAN details
· Enter the amount of contribution
· Choose the mode of donation. (Internet Banking or Debit/Credit/Prepaid card)
SBI Internet Banking
· Login to our internet banking portal (onlinesbi.com)
· Navigate to Payments/Transfers
· Click on donations tab
· Select Bharat Ke Veer under Charitable Institutions/Relief fund tab.
· After filling all the details verify and confirm the transaction.
Contribution using UPI
· Customers may use “[email protected]” VPA (virtual payment address) to make a contribution.
· This UPI is dedicated to making contributions towards the corpus of Bharat Ke Veer.